Summer is upon us, and with it – the warmer weather is also nearing here in the Lower Mainland. Meanwhile, in other provinces across Canada, the heat wave has already begun.
As such, Basic Equine Nutrition is here to ensure that the equine community is ready to manage their horse’s health in accordance with the effects of the heat. Which our Electrolytes for horses can assist in!
The Benefits of Electrolytes for Horses
Electrolytes are an excellent supplement to add to your horse’s diet during the summer. Responsible for maintaining hydration, this supplement can greatly benefit a horse’s wellbeing, who’s body is known to be made up of nearly 70% water.
Overall, the nervous system and muscles of horses and humans alike, are dependent on proper hydration. Which, ironically, water alone can sometimes not satiate.
While many horse owners use a salt block and fresh water to manage hydration, you may find that some horse require their thirst response to actually be stimulated in order to want to drink
As the adage goes: “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink”. There’s a reason this rings true – because some horses simply don’t feel inclined to consume water.
Electrolytes for horses will offer them a variety of benefits, including:
- Stimulate a Thirst Response – even while traveling, which can often curb their desire to drink
- Help With Pre-Race ‘Watering’ – which will improve their energy and ensure their muscles are hydrated for race endurance and recovery
- Improve Hydration Through Electrolytes After Sweating
- Rehydrate Amidst Humidity
- Improve Horse Colic Symptoms
Basic Equine Nutrition: Horse Electrolytes Supplement Includes…
- DiCalcium Phosphate 10,000 mgs
- Sodium Citrate 5000 mgs, Sodium Chloride 5000 mgs
- Potassium Phosphate 2000 mgs
- Magnesium Oxide 4000 mgs & Calcium Citrate 2000 mgs
Our Electrolytes for horses is available for purchase with FREE deliver on any order over $150. We would be happy to answer any questions you have here – and look forward to helping you manage the optimum health of your horse this summer!
Looking for additional ways to help your horse better manage the heat? Click here